Green, Sustainable, Healthier, Great designs for Maine living, both inside and outside for work and home for all to enjoy!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

I found this photo of a cute bathroom. I am a true lover of the use of wood and the natural warmth it bring to any room. But when it comes to bath rooms it’s a no go for me. Life today is crazy enough; we don’t need to be introducing material in a room that adds to our workload. Teak is one of a few woods that can handle the moisture, but to keeping it looking like it does in this picture will take a lot of work. One of my many goals when working with my clients to design their space to be low maintenance so they can enjoy it after a hard day at work, not come to see more work! So when choosing materials for a project make sure that they enhance the space without add to you stress pool!

I found this photo of a cute bathroom on HGTV.  I am a true lover of the use of wood and all things natural they bring warmth warmth to any room. But when it comes to bathrooms it’s a no go for me. Life today is crazy enough; we don’t need to be introducing material in a room that adds to our workload. Teak is one of a few woods that can handle the moisture, but to keeping it looking like it does in this picture will take a lot of work and each year as the finish wears it will take more time. One of my many goals when working with a client is to design their space to be low maintenance so they can enjoy it after a hard day at work, not come to see more work!

So when choosing materials for a project make sure that they enhance the space without add to you stress pool! 

1 comment:

Juliette Samuel said...

I agree totally. Wood is something that has to be cared for extremely well when it comes to a bathroom setting. Not a good choice if you don't have the time to maintain it.

Juliette Samuel

Contact

Contact
Got a Question: Contact me!

Interior Design Services

Interior Design Services
Stunning Designs for Healthier Lives